CCTV surveillance systems add value to your business in many ways through many outlets. For example, security cameras help you pinpoint which areas draw the most attention or traffic to a storefront, and they can determine if you need more cashiers, or assistance, in one area of a retail store. Read more to learn just how CCTV systems can positively impact your business’s bottom line.
CCTV Systems Lower Insurance
One of the most tangible benefits of surveillance systems is the lower insurance costs. For example, a store or business that has obvious security cameras is less tempting to would-be criminals than an establishment without the cameras. And if crime does occur, the cameras can help identify the perpetrators and aid in their prosecution if charges are brought.
Security cameras also offer protection in cases such as false slip-and-fall claims. In recognition of the many advantages of the cameras, insurance companies tend to provide discounts, such as on liability insurance, for installation of the cameras.
Long-Term CCTV Surveillance Benefits
The insurance benefits of CCTV are huge in the long term and include:
- Spending less on false claims and lawsuits
- Fewer losses due to theft and crime
- General crime deterrence
But the long-term benefits do not stop there. They also cover areas such as inventory management, customer service, and even marketing.
- Management can tell at a glance when lines are backed up and more cashiers are needed at a retail location.
- You can gauge if retail displays or other marketing techniques are effective by measuring how many customers approach a display, how long they stay and which aspects of a display seem most appealing. This also helps you determine if your efforts are targeting some of the demographics you want.
- You can make sure your staffing levels are optimized and that employee behavior is above board (no freebies for friends if that is not allowed, for example).
- You can also refer to the cameras in situations such as alleged violence or harassment. This also ties back to spending less in the long term on lawsuits and similar events.
- Distributed intelligence helps the system identify patterns so there is no need for someone to monitor a CCTV system minute by minute.
With reasonable costs and good scalability, CCTV surveillance is a must. You can keep an eye on your business no matter where in the world you are, and the feed you get will be crisp with clear images. The value your business receives in return is tremendous.